Nobody can Argue that the Acquisition of Knowledge is more Fun :
Directions: Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.
Passage (Five Questions)
Nobody can argue that the acquisition of knowledge is more fun and easier with computers. The mere activity of touching an exploring this device constituted an enjoyable task for a child. This, accompanied by the relaxing attitude and software interactivity, usually contributes to a better grasping of new knowledge. At a higher educational level the availability of digital books, simulators and other academic materials provide the student with an ever accessible source of information, that otherwise would not be at hand. But, besides the increasing complexity and behavior of intelligent software, which is usually embedded in the academic digital material, the need for human interaction in the learning process will always be present, at least in the foreseeable future. There is the necessity for a human being to be able to determine what the specifics needs of each individual are. A computer, no matter how sophisticated its software is, can hardly mimic the expertise of a teacher in how to explain and adapt complex concepts to different individuals.
- That computers make learning easier is a fact-
(a) accepted by all (c) contested by few
(b) rejected by some (d) welcomed by all
- What other factors related to computers contribute to a deeper acquisition of knowledge?
(a) Relaxing attitude and software interactivity
(b) User friendliness and easy accessibility
(c) Prompt response and accuracy
(d) Convenience of usage and design
- In what way are computers inadequate even in spite of their sophistication?
(a) They can hardly imitate a teacher’s ability to explain the most difficult of concepts.
(b) They keep breaking down after much use.
(c) They require humans to update them periodically.
(d) They still humans to turn them on and off.
- According to this essay, what new developments I the world of computers have helped students gain more access to information
(a) Availability of printing facilities
(b) Availability of general knowledge software
(c) Availability of word processing applications
(d) Availability of digital books
- According to the author, human intervention will always be required in order to
(a) update old software (c) built bigger machines
(b) repair broken down machines (d) determine the specific needs of the individual
- Answer: (a) accepted by all
- Answer: (a) relaxing attitude and software interactivity
- Answer: (a) They can hardly imitate a teacher’s ability to explain the most difficult of concepts.
- Answer: (d) Availability of digital books
- Answer: (d) determine the specific needs of the individual