With reference to an organization known as ‘Birdlife International’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. It is a Global Partnership of Conservation Organizations.
2. The concept of ‘biodiversity hotspots’ originated from this organization.
3. It identifies the sites known/ referred to as ‘Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas’,
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
- 1 only
- 2 and 3 only
- 1 and 3 only
- 1, 2 and 3
1 and 3 Only
- It is a Global Partnership of Conservation Organizations.
- It identifies the sites known/referred to as ‘Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas’,
The BirdLife International is a Global nongovernmental organization which strive to conserve birds. This Organization of founded in 1922 in London by Ornithologist and Conservationist T. Gilbert Pearson under the name International Committee for Bird Protection. BirdLife International has conservation work programmes in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Central Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific.