Which is/are not Central Feature(s) of Article 343 of the Constitution of India?
Which of the following is/are not central feature(s) of Article 343 of the Constitution of India?
1. Hindi in Devanagari Script shall be the national language of the Union.
2. The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari Script.
3. English language shall continue to be used for official purpose with in States.
4. If two or more States agree, Hindi language should be the official language of communication between the States.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(a) 1, 3 and 4 (b) 2 and 4 only (c) 2, 3 and 4 (d) 2 only
Answer: (d) 2 only
In Article 343 Official language of the Union According to Indian Constitution is
- The official language of the Union shall be Hindi in Devanagari script The form of numerals to be used for the official purposes of the Union shall be the international form of Indian numerals
- Notwithstanding anything in clause ( 1 ), for a period of fifteen years from the commencement of this Constitution, the English language shall continue to be used for all the official purposes of the Union for which it was being used immediately before such commencement: Provided that the president may, during the said period, by order authorise the use of the Hindi language in addition to the English language and of the Devanagari form of numerals in addition to the international form of Indian numerals for any of the official purposes of the Union
- Notwithstanding anything in this article, Parliament may by law provide for the use, after the said period of fifteen years, of
- the English language, or
- the Devanagari form of numerals, for such purposes as may be specified in the la