choose the correct answer to each question out of the four alternative :
Directions (Question Nos. 1 to 10): In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer to each question out of the four alternative and fill in the blanks.
Although we can __I__ the __ II__ bodies of our solar system __III__ a telescope, it is only __IV__ who can __V__ the depts. Of outer space. It is reported that they have seen __VI_ galaxies, stars taking __VII__ and __VIII_, and ‘black holes’. They say that the deeper they look __IX__ the universe, the more they know __X___ the universe originated.
- (a) (I) observe (b) (I) find (c) (I) look (d) (I) reach
- (a) (II) heaven (b) (II) heavy (c) (II) heavenly (d) (II) heavier
- (a) (III) with (b) (III) through (c) (III) at (d) (III) by
- (a) (IV) astrology (b) (IV) astronomy (c) (IV) astronomy (d) (IV) astrologers
- (a) (V) view (b) (V) overview (c) (V) viewed (d) (V) views
- (a) (VI) stunned (b) (VI) stunning (c) (VI) stun (d) (VI) shine
- (a) (VII) birth (b) (VII) berth (c) (VII) born (d) (VII) borne
- (a) (VIII) die (b) (VIII) dyeing (c) (VIII) died (d) (VIII) dying
- (a) (IX) at (b) (IX) through (c) (IX) on (d) (IX) into
- (a) (X) how (b) (X) where (c) (X) why (d) (X) what