Who is Responsible to Collect the Service Tax?
Central Excise Department
Central Excise Department is responsible for collecting the service tax. The Central Board of Excise and Custom is the oldest department of India which established in 1855 by the British Governor General of India at that time. Present time this department is under the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance. This Department have a four divisions
- Central Excise
- Customs (Preventive)
- Service Tax
The Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC) is headed by Chairperson CBEC and consist of six Members of CBEC.
- CBEC Chairperson – Mr. Najib Shah IRS
- Member Budget – Mr. Najib Shan, IRS (Additional Charges)
- Member Customs – Mr. Ashok, K. Kaushal, IRS
- Member Service Tax – Mr. V.S. Krishnan, IRS
- Member Central Excise – Ms. Neerja Shah, IRS
- Member Personal & Vigilance – Ms. Vanaja N. Sarna, IRS
- Member Legal & Judicial – Mr. Ram Tirath, IRS