Choose the Correct Alternative Out of the Four :
Directions: In the following Five Questions, sentence are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by blackening the appropriate circle  in the Answer Sheet.
- We ____ not hurry, we have got plenty of time.
(a) should (b) must (c) would (d) need
- If you do well in this exam next year then my efforts ____ successful.
(a) have been (b) has been (c) will be (d) would have been
- He set up institutions of international ____.
(a) renown (b) famous (c) repute (d) reputation
- The noise of the drum beats ______ and frightened the tiger.
(a) pertained (b) prevented (c) persisted (d) perplexed
- Masked men _____ a security van on the motorway.
(a) help up (b) held forth (c) held out (d) held on