The data of estimation of India’s National Income is issued by
Answer: Central Statistical Organization
The data of estimation of India’s National Income is issued by Central Statistical Organization.
“The Central Statistical Office which is one of the two wings of the National Statistical Organization (NSO) is responsible for coordination of statistical activities in the country and for evolving and maintaining statistical standards.
It’s activities include compilation of National Accounts; conduct of Annual Survey of Industries and Economic Censuses, compilation of Index of Industrial Production, as well as Consumer Price Indices. It also deals with various social statistics, training, international cooperation, Industrial Classification etc.
“The CSO is headed by Director-General who is assisted by 5 Additional Director-Generals looking after the National Accounts Division, Social Statistics Division, Economic Statistics Division, Training Division and the Coordination and Publication Division.”
Functions of C.S.O
- It coordinates statistical activities of the states and union territories and ensures timely
compilation of requisite data.
- It is responsible for compilation and release of national accounts statistics every year based on
data received from government sources.
- It organizes conferences of the central and state organizations.
- It conducts and compiles and brings out publications of reports on Annual survey of industries.
- It organizes training programs for the central government and state government statistical
- It keeps liaison with international statistical bodies.
- It decides items of information in the surveys to be taken up by the NSSO.
- It conducts periodic economic census. The first census was conducted in 1977.