When did the reign of Delhi Sultanate came to an end ?
The era of Delhi Sultanate was ended in 1526 A.D.
Delhi Sultanate rule was started in India from 1206 A.D. when Qutbuddin Aibak became first Sultan of Delhi.
Five Dynasties of Delhi Sultanate:
- Mamluk Dynasty (or Slave Dynasty, because Qutbuddin Aibak was a slave of Mohammad Ghori) – 1206-1290
- Khilji Dynasty – (1290-1320)
- Tughlaq Dynasty – (1320 – 1414)
- Sayyid Dynasty – (1414 – 1451)
- Lodi Dynasty – (1451 – 1526)
Delhi Sultanate was come to end when its last Sultan Ibrahim Lodi was defeated by Mughal Empire. Mughal king Babur defeated Ibrahim in ‘First Battle of Panipat’ on 20th April, 1526.