English Question asked in CTET Feb 2016
Directions: Answer the following questions (Q.1 to 15) by selecting the correct/most appropriate options.
- Which one of the following is the most important prerequisite for language learning?
(a) Children’s motivation to learn the language
(b) List of aims and objectives of the language to be learnt
(c) Providing a good textbook to children to learn the language
(d) Using structural-situational approach which teaching
- A teacher asks students of Class III to describe their best friend. She writes the students’ responses on the blackboard. At last, she sates that all these describing words on the blackboard are adjectives. This is
(a) Immersion method
(b) Incidental method
(c) Inductive method
(d) Deductive method
- The rise and fall of tone is
- Which one of the following is the most important about storytelling?
(a) It broadens their knowledge about various suthors.
(b) It enhances graded pattern and structure.
(c) It promotes whole language approach
(d) It is an effective way of learning vocabulary.
- Dictation does not help learners to
(a) increases their concentration
(b) improve their reading skill
(c) improve their spelling
(d) enhance their listening comprehension
- An English teacher after completing a chapter from the text book asks questions based on the text to
(a) maintain class discipline
(b) keep students busy as the chapter is complete
(c) attract students’ attention
(d) know their comprehension
- Shreya, a teacher of Class IV, asked the learners to complete the dialogue in the given boxes and then to role-play the same using their dialogues. She is developing
(a) speaking and writing skills
(b) all, listening, writing, reading and speaking skills
(c) listening and speaking skills
(d) reading and writing skills
- Which one of the following cannot be used in formative assessment?
(c) Retelling stories
(d) Role play
- Teaching-learning Material (TLM) should be used by teachers as it
(a) is not very expensive
(b) motivates learners to further prepare such material at home
(c) supplements teaching-learning process
(d0 prepares students mentally to sit in the class
- Which learning English as a second language
(a) the mother tongue should not be used by the learners
(b) there is no role of mother tongue n learning 1,2
(c) the use of mother tongue will facilitate learning
(d) the use of mother tongue will create interference
- The process of assessment in a language class should be conducted
(a) during the teaching-learning process
(b) for assessing the textual exercises at the end of the chapter
(c) to know the level of students in the class
(d) to know the efficiency of teachers in teaching
- As per the National Curriculum Framework (NCF), 2005, multilingualism in learning a language should be seen as a
(a) challenge for students to learn many languages
(b) challenge for teachers to manage such classes
(c) hindrance in teaching-learning English
(d) resource in teaching-learning English
- The most important factor which is responsible for the differentiation between language learning and language acquisition is
(a) language environment
(b) grammar of language
(c) assessment in language
(d) textbook of language
- Which one of the following is an essential characteristic of a good textbook in English?
(a) The maximum number of textual exercises should be given to practise at the end of the lesson
(b) Every lesson should have a proper introduction at the beginning and a conclusion at the end.
(c) It should be based on the guiding principles of curriculum and syllabus.
(d) No difficult words should be given in the textbook at primary level.
- The maximum participation of students is possible while teaching English by the teacher using authentic tasks through
(a) structural approach
(b) communicative approach
(c) grammar translation method
(d) direction method