First of all, I need work, and a decent wage for my work :
First of all, I need work, and a decent wage for my work. Aristotle defined happiness, not as a sum of pleasures, but as unimpeded activity. I want work which is hard but interesting.I am exceptionally lucky because I can choose my own work to a large extent. If I want respite from science I can go and be a war correspondent, or write children’s stories, or make political speeches.
I require friendship. Panicularly I require friendship of my colleagues and comrades in scientific and political work. I want the society of equals who will criticize me, and whom Ican criticize.
- Conjunction in sentence 3 is :
(A) want (B) hard(C) but (D) interesting
- According to Aristotle, happiness is :
(A) a sum of pleasures (B) unimpeded activity
(C) impeded activity (D) hard work
- The author requires friendship of :
(A) political leaders (B) teachers
(C) fellow workers (D) young children
- How many connectors are there in sentence 5 ? “If l want respite … political speeches.”
(A) 2 (B) 3
(C) 4 (D) 5
- Why does the narrator want work ?(A) To get decent wages (B) To get happiness
(C) To make friends (D) To write children’s stories