By which act laid down for Foundation of Dual Government ?
Government of India act, 1919
The Government of India act, 1919 laid down the foundation of Dual Government. It is popularly known as Montague-Chelmsford Reformd are
- The idea of “Responsible Government” was stressed;
- Office of the High Commissioner of India was created in London;
- Indian Legislature became “bicameral” for the first time;
- Communal representation was extended to Sikhs;
- Secretary of State for India was now to be paid from British revenue;
- Diarchy was introduced in provinces by dividing subjects of administration between official
this act was passed by the United Kingdom to expand participation of Indians in the government of India.