Nehru Report was drafted by a committee headed by Which Person ?
The Nehru Report was drafted by a committee headed by __ and the subject was ____
- Motilal Nehru and Jawaharlal Nehru: India’s relationship with the British Empire
- Jawaharlal Nehru; Local Self-Government in India
- Motilal Nehru; Constitutional arrangements in India
- Jawaharlal Nehru; Constitutional arrangements in India
Motilal Nehru; Constitutional arrangements in India
The Nehru Report was drafted by a committee headed by Motilal Nehru and the subject was Constitutional arrangements in India.
The Nehru report contained the following essential provisions
- India should be given the status of dominion.
- The citizens shall be protected under a Bill of Rights. All powers of the government are derived from the people.
- There shall be no state religion.
- Indian shall enjoy the status of a dominion within the British Empire.
- There shall be federal from of government with residual powers vested in the center.
- There shall be a parliamentary form of government with a Prime Minister and Six ministers appointed by the Governor General.
- There Shall be bicameral legislature.
- There will be no separate electorate.
- The draft report also defined the citizenship and fundamental rights.
- Hindi should be made the official language of India.
- Reservation of Muslim seats could be possible in the provinces where Muslim population was at least ten percent, but this was to be in strict proportion to the size of the community.
- Muslim should enjoy one-fourth representation in the Central Legislature.