Which State is True according to the Statements?
Consider the following statements:
1. The Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme was launched during 1996-97 to provide loan assistance to poor farmers.
2. The Command Area Development Programme was launched in 1974-75 for the development of water-use efficiency.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
- 1 only
- 2 only
- Both 1 and 2
- Neither I nor 2
Both 1 and 2
- The Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme was launched during 1994–97 to provide loan assistance to poor farmers.
->The Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP) was launched during 1996-97 to give loan assistance to the States to help them complete some of the incomplete major/medium irrigation projects, which were in advanced stages of completion.
Under this scheme, many projects are running
1.Ongoing Major and Medium projects (OMM)
2. Extension/Renovation and Modernization Project (ERM)
3. Surface minor irrigation (MI)
The central assistance would be released in the following manner:
(a) For project receiving central assistance @ 25% and up to 50% of project cost, the 90% of CA to be released of at least 50% share of the State
(b) For Project receiving assistance higher than 50%, the 50% of CA to be released after the State releases its full share;
(c) Balance/Second installment of CA to be released after obtaining UC of minimum of 50% of CA released earlier;
(d) Next year installment to be released after obtaining 100% utilization of funds released in the previous years.
- The Command Area Development Programme was launched in 1974-75 for the Development of water use efficiency.
->The Command Area Development (CAD) programme was initiated in 1974-75 with a view to bridging the gap between the potential created and its utilization and optimizing agriculture productivity through better management of land and water use in the command areas served by selected major and medium irrigation project. About 226 projects running under this programme. From the inception of the programme in 1974-75, up to March 1998 an amount of ₹ 1807 crore has been released to the States as Central assistance under the CAD programme. The main objective of this programme is to realize the potential of irrigation created by the irrigation projects.