The Main Pollutant in the Smoke coming from cigarette is
Carbon monoxide and Benzene
The main pollutant is the smoke coming from cigarette is Carbon monoxide and Benzene. First smoking is danger to human health. The causes of smoking is asthma, respiratory infections and cancer. Smoke cause injures smokers and people who around them also. One cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals. You known that Brazilian people invented smoking 2000 years ago by tobacco leaves in a paper.
In contrast to smoke particles, gases emitted by the cigarette such as benzene and carbon monoxide (CO) are invisible to the eye. Particles smaller than 2.5 micrometers are major components of cigarette smoke and can enter deep into the lung where they can causes serious health problem.
Some fact about the cigarette and smokers:
- 69% smokers want to quit smoking
- One Cigarette reduces your expected life span by 11 minutes
- 15 billion cigarettes are smoked worldwide daily.
- Smoking makes the risk of a heart attack 200% to 400%
- The legal age for the buy of tobacco products is now 18, raised from 16 around the world while in japan the age minimum is 20 years old.
- 1 in 5 adults and teenagers smoke.
- 9 out of 10 smokers start before the age of 18, and 98% start smoking by age 26.
- According to the latest WHO estimates, smoking leads to killing of about 4 million persons every year, this number is expected to rise to 10 million by 2030.