Which movement started after the Partition of Bengal?
Swadeshi Movement was started after the Partition of Bengal. Swadeshi movement had it’s commence in the anti-partition movement which was started against British decision for the partition of Bengal. Politic is the main motive behind the Bengal Partition and to be safe from growing influence of Indian nationalism. In the Swadeshi Movement vigilant Indian for boycott the British product and use the Indian product and develop the Indian economic strategy and end the British Empire. Here is some information related from Swadeshi Movement
Phrases of Swadeshi Movement
1. 1905-1909 Movement confined to Bengal and launched as a protest movement
2. 1909-1910 Countrywide spread of movement and launching of ant-colonial movement
3. 1910-1911 Swadeshi movement merged with revolutionary terrorist movement of first
phase and led to the foundation of numerous secret associations.
Leader of the Swadeshi Movement beyond Bengal
Punjab Lala Lajpat rai and Ajit Singh
Delhi Syed Haider Raza
Madras Chidambaram Pillai
Maharastra Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak
Andhra Harisarvottam Rao
Swadeshi Movement and National Education
* Setting the Bengal Technical Institute
* Emphasis on education through vernacular medium
* Setting up of a National Council of Education on August 15, 1906
* Opening of way National College at Calcutta with Aurobindo Ghosh as its principle
* Efforts of Rabindranath Tagor’s Shantiniketan and Satish Mukherjee’s Dawn Society to combine
the traditional and modern systems of education.