Swachh Bharat Mission (rural)
Answer: (2) 685
In November 2014, The Uttar Pradesh government made a provision of Rs.685 crores for construction of toilets in rural areas under Swachh Bharat Mission (rural). Under this programme emphasis is to be placed on awareness generation, change behaviour and demand generation for sanitary facilities in Houses, Schools, Anganwadis and communities places The triggering of demand and use of toilets through social and behavioural change communication and house-to-house interventions. Since Open Defecation Free villages cannot be achieved without all households and individuals conforming to the desired behaviour of toilet use, every day and every time, community action and generation of peer pressure on the outliers and the key.
The main objectives of the Swachh Bharat Mission rural are
- Bring about an improvement in the general quality of life in the rural areas, by promoting cleanliness, hygiene and eliminating open defecation.
- Accelerate sanitation coverage in rural areas to achieve the vision of Swachh Bharat by 2nd October 2019.
- Motivate Communities and Panchayati Raj Institutions to adopt sustainable sanitation practices and facilities through awareness creation and health education.
- Encourage cost effective and appropriate technologies for ecologically safe and sustainable sanitation.
- Develop where required, Community managed sanitation system focusing on scientific Solid & Liquid Waste Mangement systems for overall cleanliness in the rural areas.