Who Appointed as a Senior Vice President of the World Bank?
Kaushik Basu has recently been appointed the chief Economist and senior Vice-President of the World Bank. International Economic Association (IEA) is one of the most important associations of professional economists. A world bank Chief Economist is appointed for a 4-year term.
Mr. Basu, an Indian recently served as Chief Economic Adviser of India’s Ministry of Finance. Mr. Kaushik holds a Ph.D. from London School of Economics, He founded the centers for development economics at the Delhi school of economics in 1992.
Mr. Kaushik Basu Awarded by National or International Award and many other awards are:
- The National Mahalanobis memorial medal, 1989
- UGC-Prabhavananda Award for Economics, 1990
- Fellow of the Econometric Society, 1991- present
- Padma Bhushan, Government of India, 2008
- D.Litt (Honoris Causa) for “Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Economics”, University of Lucknow, 2010
- Elected President-Elect of Human Development and Capabilities Association.
- D.Litt (Honoris Causa), Assam University, 2012.
- Doctorate of humane Letters, Fordham University, 2013
- Doctor of Literature (Honoris Causa) for “Outstanding contribution in theoretical economics both as a researcher and as a teacher”, IIT Bombay, 2013.
- Elected Fellow of the World Academy of Science, Trieste, 2013.