When to the sessions of sweet silent thought :
Read the Poem carefully and answer the following questions :(Q.Nos. 1 to 5).
When to the sessions of sweet silent thought
Isummon up remembrance of things past,
Isigh the lack of many a thing Isought,
And with old woes new wail my dear time’s waste;
Then I can drown an eye, unused to flow,
For precious friends bid in the death’sdateless night,
And weep afresh love’s long-since-cancelled woe,
And moon the expense of many a vanished sight.
- ‘sessions of sweet silent thought’ is an example of
(A) alliteration (B) assonance
(C) imagery (D) imagery
- The rhyme scheme in the poem is
(A) abba (B) baab
(C) abab (D) bacd
- Which of the following words taken from the poem is an example of personification ?
(A) eye (B) Time
(C) love’s (D) moon
- Pick out the correct example of
(A) eyes like two lamps (B) the ship of life moves
(C) rosy lips and cheeks (D) as white as snow
- What is hidden in ‘death’sdateless night’ ?
(A) beloved (B) poet
(C) friend (D) eye