Which Social Networking Giant Celebrated its 10th birthday in Feb. 2014?
Facebook Celebrated its 10th birthday in February 2014. Facebook is a social networking service launched on 4 February 2004, by Mark Zukerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University student Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. Mark Zukerberg also Chairman & CEO of Facebook.
Some fact about the Facebook
- Facebook was initially called as thefacebook.com which is only for Harvard University student later it changed its name to facebook.com.
- Al Pacino’s face was on the original Facebook homepage
- Facebook has second ranked.
- Syria, China, Vietnam and Iran have banned Facebook.
- The first person to invest in Facebook was the co founder of Pay Pal, Peter Thiel, who invested $ 500,000 in June 2004.
- In 2005, East Asia’s richest man, Li Hu Shing, invested $120 million dollars in Facebook.